Search E.D.D.J

2/10/2012

Ornamental Shoes




Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't get it?

Who'd want to wear these?

Trend overload.

 
Those were my initial thoughts from an early draft of the post but then, the shoes started to grow on me...

Prada's 2012 S/S cadillac inspired heels. 

Sure, they definitely aren't shoes you can wear just anywhere. You aren't meant to anyway. I think what endeared me about it, is that even though those are obviously vintage car fenders from the 50s, Prada has managed to assimilate the shapes of the car with the form the heel into a wearable shoe. A tasteful blend of art & design. And it isn't beyond comprehension to the common person. So they are statement shoes even for the not so bold/eccentric. 


All photos are courtesy of fashionising.com
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment